Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making time for Family

As we all go through our busy days, working etc. let's remember that it is also very important to spend some quality time with your family. Life is too short and you never know when your family will still be here or not.

I had not seen one of my younger sisters in about a year because we lived far away from each other but did call. The last time that I had spoken to her was on a Sunday night. I remember being so busy when she called and I was not going to pick up the phone at first, and said I may just call her tomorrow because I was just too busy at that moment. But the best thing that I did was that I did pick up the phone at that moment and talked with my sister for a little over an hour about great fun things. You know only 3 days later I received the horrible phone call from a family member that told me the very bad news that my little sister had passed away that morning. This proved to me how important that the next time you say that you are too busy to talk to family, you better stop and relax and take time out for family because you never know when you will actually have that chance again. Life is too short so let's live life to the fullest and make time for family in our busy day!

M. Ann Machen Pritchard, Author/Illustrator/Songwriter

No comments: